We are committed to offering availability to both our products and services when and where customers need them. Effective immediately, the Technical Support and Customer Support hours will be extended through September 30, 2019, or beyond, depending on demand.
- 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
- 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET
We proudly introduce Ryan Johnson as the new Vice President, Sales-US/Canada for the North America Water Systems Business Unit. Ryan will manage all aspects of sales activities for the US and Canada Markets, including the Little Giant® brand.
With over 20 years of experience with Regal Beloit and General Electric, Ryan possess a diverse background with expertise in Six Sigma, Operations, and in every aspect of the sales process, from direct field sales to sales management leadership.
“Ryan brings a proven track record of building strategies and sales teams focused on providing its customers with clear, differentiating value,” states Don Kenney, President, North America Water Systems and Vice President of Franklin Electric. “He is an operationally driven customer advocate that brings a fresh perspective being previously outside of the company. He has Midwest values, and understands the importance of building and managing fair and mutually beneficial partnerships. I have no doubt that Ryan brings the innovative outlook needed to support our progressing efforts as an organization.”
A lot has changed at Franklin Electric since E.J. (Ed) Schaefer and T.W. (Wayne) Kehoe founded the company in 1944 in Bluffton, Indiana. Since then, we have grown from a small motor manufacturing company into a leading global provider of systems and components for moving water and fuel, including the Little Giant® brand. What hasn’t changed are the core values we all share. We remain focused on our customers and dedicated to delivering on our Key Factors for Success. 2019 will be a celebration of all we’ve accomplished in many places and for many customers around the world.
Named after Benjamin Franklin, a pioneer in electrical engineering, Franklin Electric’s core is the world’s first reliable submersible electric motor for water systems, which has remained a staple of the water well industry. 75 years later, we continue to manufacture and distribute improved versions of this unrivaled motor design all around the world, and have expanded our expertise to create innovative solutions, including pumps, electronics, and adjacent products, addressing modern industry challenges and serving our customers’ needs. The Little Giant brand has solutions to all of your water garden, pool, pond, aquarium, and fountain pumping needs. Our team of engineers work closely with contractors to enhance current technology and to discover new innovations to make installing and maintaining your pond and water features a breeze.
“We would like to recognize and thank all of our employees, customers, partners, and investors that have played a role in helping shape Franklin Electric into the company it is today. As we reflect on our past during this milestone, we find ourselves even more focused on our vision of being an indispensable partner to our customers,” states Gregg Sengstack, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
For more information about Franklin Electric’s Little Giant products, click here.
Geoff Heanue recently shared his success with our Little Giant® branded Aeration Systems to show the value we’ve brought to his business. Here’s what he had to say about it…
“Our three ponds were so murky and dirty that our fish were literally coming to the top of the water and gasping for air. The need for aeration was an absolute must. We purchased five, one horsepower Little Giant branded Aeration Systems, and installed two pumps in each of our larger ponds and one in our smaller pond. The installation was easy and the pumps are working great. We saw value almost immediately. Our fish aren’t dying and the ponds look much cleaner. Being a Franklin Electric Key Dealer in the groundwater industry already, we have built a strong partnership that led to us hearing about the company’s pond management product line. From there, it was easy to choose Franklin.”
--- Geoff Heanue, Heanue Well Drilling, in Prosperity, South Carolina
Click here for more information about Heanue Well Drilling.
To better achieve Franklin Electric’s Key Factors of Success, with a focus on Availability and Quality, we have reviewed our Little Giant® Disappearing Fountain product line and are excited to announce our new modifications.
The Papyrus Kits will now be offered in two color options: Caviar Black and Antique Rust. Please allow two additional weeks of lead time as these kits are custom made for each order.
If you have questions concerning these products, please contact your local Little Giant brand Sales Representative or the Technical Service Line at 888.956.0000.
For more information about the Papyrus Kits, click here.
Franklin Electric is pleased to announce that, effective immediately, a 3-year warranty is being offered on all Little Giant® F-Series Pumps. To remain competitive in the market, the following model numbers will be positively affected by the warranty increase:
All marketing materials will be updated as a rolling change to reflect the warranty change from 2 years to 3 years. If you have any questions concerning the warranty change, please contact your local Territory Manager or the Little Giant Technical Service Hotline at 888.956.0000.
For more information about the Little Giant F-Series, click here.
The Little Giant® Aeration System is now available in both ½ and 1 horsepower models, providing multiple options for contractors to improve the beautification and biological health of larger-sized bodies of water.
Features and Benefits
- Ready to use out of the box as an all-in-one package that includes the float, aerator, and a proven Franklin Electric submersible motor
- Moves up to 800 gpm to aerate up to 1 full acre of water, making unit sizing very simple
- Features a 150-foot cord for added placement flexibility
- Maintains its simple design without bolts or screws to minimize installation time
- Additional applications: decorative bodies of water, water agitation, ice prevention, and mixing
Optional Conversion Kit
One unique feature of the Little Giant Aeration System is its ability to quickly transform into an attractive fountain display. An optional conversion kit includes the pump head, nozzle stem, and multiple fountain nozzles that are interchangeable between both the ½ and 1 horsepower models. With the easy installation of your selected fountain nozzle, the system provides up to five different spraying patterns – known as the Sonata, Cantata, Concerto, Staccato, and Crescendo – appealing to any aesthetic preference with average spray heights from eight to 15 feet and average spray widths from 14 to 30 feet.
Coming in at number four, Franklin Electric’s donation of 13 Little Giant® brand pumps to the Turtle Survival Alliance was recently featured in Pond Trade magazine’s Top 10 most popular articles for 2017! The highlight of the donation are 12 Little Giant F-Series pumps that are helping to simulate the habitats for 21 of the world’s 25 most critically endangered species, providing energy-efficient and environmentally safe pumping that can run continuously. If you missed the article, you’ll definitely want to check it out. While you are at it, take a look at the rest of the Top 10 to catch up on anything you may have missed during the busy 2017 year.
Click below for more information:
It’s that time of year again! Winterizing the pond is an essential way to keep the pump in good, working condition.
- As the water temperature drops below 50°F, Koi begin to slow down and do not require feeding. However, if you have fish that are still active and hungry, they should be fed a fish food designed for cold water feeding. Biological activity decreases below 50°F and will not break down the excess protein that is contained in most summer fish foods. In cold weather, we recommend purchasing Cold Weather Fish Food from your local Little Giant dealer.
- To ensure that the pond is healthy, remove all organic debris, such as leaves and excess plant material. Leaves break down, causing an excess of nutrients in the ecosystem when spring begins. This causes “pea soup” or green water (planktonic algae) to occur for a few weeks in the spring. Protect the pond from debris with Little Giant’s Pond Netting.
- If the pond is in a climate where the surface will freeze completely, it is important to provide a hole in the ice for gas exchange. Fish still need oxygen during the winter months, so keeping an opening and adding air allows for proper gas exchange. If gas exchange cannot occur, the fish could suffocate. De-ice the pond with Little Giant’s Pond De-Icer and add oxygen with our submersible air pumps.
- To minimize green water in the spring and ease the cleanup process, add winter bacteria. As the water temperature cools below 50°F, the summer bacteria begin to hibernate. You can continue the biological activity with cold water bacteria and enzymes. Make spring start up easier by adding Autumn and Winter Prep all season long.
- The pump can run continuously over the winter season. A flow of 1,500 to 2,000 gallons per hour or higher is ideal. Be sure to adjust the stream and waterfall to prevent ice damns from diverting your water during the winter. Letting your water continue to flow is a great way to add oxygen to the system for bacteria and fish. Check out our selection of Little Giant F Series Pumps for increased energy efficiency.
- If you decide to remove the pump for the winter, take steps to ensure it will operate come spring time. For direct drive pumps with shaft seals, we suggest cleaning the volute and impeller if accessible and placing it in a bucket of clean water in a frost-free area. This protects the pump’s seals from drying and cracking. For wet rotor pumps, disassemble, clean, and dry the entire product and place on a dry, clean shelf inside for winter. For specific instructions on winterizing the pump, check our website by entering the model number in the search box and selecting the instruction sheet on the product page.
It is imperative to the health of fish and plants to keep your pond's water clean and clear.
- Dechlorinate The Water – Once you have filled the pond, remove harmful chlorines and chloramines that are inherent to tap water. Little Giant’s liquid dechlorinator will remove these harmful properties. Use the dechlorinator any time you add water to the pond. Follow the application instructions on the bottle.
- Test The Water – Little Giant’s test strips will give you a reading on the pH level, nitrite level, and buffering capacity of your pond. The buffering capacity is the alkalinity level, which helps prevent large pH swings.
- Buffer The Pond – Add Little Giant’s buffer to maintain a buffering capacity of 80-240 ppm (parts per million). A properly buffered pond will resist changes in pH due to acid rain and other external factors.
- Adjust pH Level – If the level is not above 6.5, apply Little Giant’s pH Increase by following bottle application rates. You should not change the pH level more than .2 points per day. A drastic change can cause stress and possibly harm your fish. A pH reading of 7.0 is optimal.
- Add Water Clarity Products – Flocculants will help clear and maintain the ugliest of dirty water problems. Be sure to clean your mechanical filter system multiple times after using a flocculant.