Little Giant Supports Military Vet with Stunning Water Features
We recently teamed with the Military Makeover™ national television series on the Lifetime® Network to provide retired Technical Sergeant Kevin Parke and his family of seven with multiple water features and system solutions for their home in Crestview, Florida, in recognition and gratitude for the sacrifices he made for our country. See the tune in here and set your DVRs today!
- The season five series premier of Designing Spaces® Military Makeover is initially airing on Lifetime Network at 7:00 a.m. ET/PT on February 18, 2016, and then re-airing at the same time and network on February 25, 2016.
- Episode three of the three-part series, also featuring Little Giant, can be seen on Lifetime Network at 7:00 a.m. ET/PT on March 17, 2016, and will re-air at the same time and network on March 24, 2016.
Products Featured on the Show
Little Giant® was thrilled to work directly with the family to identify multiple water features and system solutions:
- A stunning Koi Pond featuring a Little Giant pump, skimmer, biological water filter, liner and LED lighting for the Parke’s relaxation pleasure. The installation of this feature was generated initially by Sergeant Parke’s love for Koi Ponds. “I’ve always found them to be incredibly relaxing,” said Sergeant Parke. “A naval hospital in Maryland had one and I just sat there for hours. It was just awesome. Relaxation is often difficult for me, so I’m excited to sit by one whenever I want now.” Around the Koi Pond, Little Giant teamed with Rene West and Executive Landscaping, from Pensacola, Florida, to provide a brick patio, numerous environment-enriching plants and other surrounding foliage that enhances the entire feature.
- A Little Giant Disappearing Fountain outside the front porch that provides an aesthetically pleasing feature to the front of the home so the family can sit and enjoy the calming sound of water flowing through a stunning bowl basin.
- Little Giant products provided from our plumbing/HVAC line:
- Little Giant WRS Series sump pump system attached to a new utility sink in the garage to help the family clean up before entering the home.
- VCMX-20 Series condensate pump to remove condensate created by the new ice maker in the garage.
- Inline 400 pressure boosting system to increase water pressure throughout the home when water is being used for multiple needs, such as laundry, dishes, and showering.
Kevin Parke’s Story
Kevin Parke is a recently retired Air Force veteran where he was an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician. During his second deployment in Afghanistan, he specialized in disarming IEDs (improvised explosive devices) to keep our soldiers safe when traveling through the country. Within a timeframe of six months, retried Sergeant Parke and his team disarmed 87 IEDs before they exploded and analyzed another 50-plus IEDs post blast. During this same time, he was also part of three missions where IED’s detonated underneath his military vehicle, causing multiple back, leg and brain injuries that he, and subsequently, his family now endure every day.
“This was a win-win opportunity for Little Giant/Franklin Electric,” said DeLancey Davis, Franklin Electric’s President of its North America Water Systems division. “We had the opportunity to showcase our products, work with a terrific organization and serve a truly worthy family. It also provided our staff the chance to work with professional water systems contractors and get hands-on experience with how our entire offering of cleanwater, wastewater and outdoor living products benefit a local family. We thank Sergeant Parke for his service and wish his family the best with their remodeled home.” For more information about Designing Spaces’ Military Makeover, visit http://www.militarymakeover.tv/.